In the same week I have seen two straight “friends” make homophobic jokes on Facebook and have had people in my neighborhood actually come to my house to put a note on it calling me a “fagit.”
But you’re right, I should just learn to shrug it off and stop being so easily offended because it’s all just jokes.
I shouldn’t take it personally when even my friends can’t stop themselves from making shitty gay jokes and I shouldn’t be terrified for my own safety and the safety of my family because people are putting homophobic notes on my house.
I shouldn’t fear for my safety or for the safety of my family when my two brothers were teased in high school for having a queer brother or because those same people know where we live and have come to our house to stand outside and scream at my brothers to come out and fight them because “their brother is a faggot.”
I shouldn’t be terrified of violence against me just because I was once hit so hard where my skull meets my spine that it knocked me unconscious by a kid three times bigger and stronger than me who actually told the cops that he did it because I was “hitting on him.” I couldn’t have hit on him because I had never spoken to him before, and even if I had hit on him would that excuse his decision to come from behind and knock me unconscious and then run away? I dare you to say yes.
No, I’m just too sensitive.
- lil-island reblogged this from calloutqueen
- lil--island likes this
- eggplantpizza said: :( gun.
- wallygolightly likes this
- immodesto likes this
- immodesto reblogged this from calloutqueen
- thefountainoverflows likes this
- queerandpresentdanger likes this
- youaintthatfierce reblogged this from calloutqueen
- johncagzzz likes this
- andsoimissedmychance likes this
- devmonster likes this
- cheetahgirl likes this
- homotronic likes this
- cocknbull likes this
- ursius likes this
- christmasonthemoon likes this
- oneforthehead likes this
- strugglingtobeheard likes this
- nonstopultimate likes this
- ultragraphique likes this
- artcoerpse reblogged this from calloutqueen
- how-tokissdistinctly-american likes this
- calloutqueen reblogged this from sixtyforty
- calloutqueen likes this
- jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk said: someone in the neighborhood left us a note like that too at my old house… the world
- evergreengeek reblogged this from thisdorkslife
- human-activities said: DESTROY ALL REALITIES WHILE WE STILL CAN
- pizza-shrapnel likes this
- lambtime likes this
- thisdorkslife reblogged this from sixtyforty
- thisdorkslife likes this
- sixtyforty posted this