This isn’t a post about my new job bc my new job seems ok
but sometimes I just don’t want to tell anyone I work with. Sometimes I think it would be best to totally compartmentalize my job vs my actual life.
Because people are going to misgender me, be curious about me, assume I’m “really” a butch lesbian, assume all manner of things etc etc, either way.
And sometimes I wonder if being open right off the bat about pronouns/gender/etc is just leaving myself vulnerable to cis bs & making their fuck-ups hurt that much more. And when you’re on the job you can’t give people what-for or even walk away. I’d almost rather have my separate life & leave them to their speculations & glances.
Bless this post.
- chasingdunamis likes this
- watchoutsally likes this
- skullvomit said: Do whatever feels right. It’s rough and awkward, but whatever you choose you’re awesome and you can always change things in the future.
- skullvomit likes this
- liquidnight likes this
- reverendmother said: Ugh. This.
- reverendmother likes this
- boyqueen likes this
- grajing likes this
- a-deathly-shadow said: ive tried that. it did not work for me and made work more stressful…but it is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. work =/= life
- a-deathly-shadow likes this
- cloudnoise likes this
- pansycub likes this
- masculinetoast likes this
- nemesissy likes this
- blacuadorian likes this